You can transform the lives of meritorious and needy students back home by making higher professional education more affordable for them. No donation is too small and please donate whatever best you can.
You can help by adopting one or more of the following methods:
- Become a Platinum Circle Member by donating $100,000
- Become a Diamond Circle Member by donating $50,000
- Become a Gold Circle Member by donating $25,000
- Become a Benefactor by donating $10,000
- Become a Patron by donating $5,000
- Sponsor a child by donating $510 per child per year
- Commit to pay a fixed amount quarterly / annually
- Donate generously when you celebrate marriage, birthdays, anniversaries, start of a business, your success in life, etc
- Donate in the memory of your dear ones – bequests, assets, stocks, life insurance proceeds
- Spread the word – tell others about the program and the organization
Even a small one-time or repeat donation of small amounts can make a big difference in the lives of the young recipients.
You can donate in a variety of ways:
- Online – Click here to make a donation with a credit card, check or a direct deposit
- Mail/Wire – Send your contributions to us directly:
Sikh Human Development Foundation
15129 Winesap Drive
North Potomac, MD 20878
- Workplace Participation – If your place of work has a matching donation program, please let us know how we can set up that program with your contribution doubled
Bequests, Appreciated Assets, Stocks
Leave a legacy to make a lasting difference in the lives of these bright students. Through your will or revocable living trust, you can specify that some or all of your assets are pledged to SHDF after your lifetime.
Bequests to the SHDF may take many forms:
- A specific dollar amount
- Specified assets, such as real estate or tangible personal property, retirement account assets
- A residuary bequest, in which SHDF receives all or a percentage of the remainder of your estate after all other obligations are met
- A contingent bequest, in which SHDF becomes the beneficiary only if the named beneficiary is unable to accept the bequest
Donate Appreciated Assets
- Giving appreciated assets is often a simple way to make a sizable gift to the SHDF while avoiding capital gain and other taxes.
- Donate appreciated securities, real estate, personal property, or insurance policies.
Contact SHDF to arrange for stock transfer.
Life Insurance Policies
Set up SHDF as a beneficiary for your life insurance policy.
Contact us today to discuss how you can pursue these options!
The SHDF is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a Tax-Exempt Charitable Organization under Section 501(c)